Juilliard Jazz Studies will be holding auditions this summer for Jazz Piano (Artist Diploma in Jazz Studies ONLY), Drumset and Trombone (Bachelor of Music or Master of Music ONLY).
All applicants must audition in person at The Juilliard School on Tuesday, June 25, 2013. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 19. Please see below for information on applying and auditioning.
- To submit an Application for Admission, please apply online.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, June 19. Online applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM (E.D.T.) on June 19.
- There is a $60 application fee for the Artist Diploma in Jazz Studies, and a $110 application fee for the Bachelor of Music and Master of Music programs (payable through the online application).
- Applicants must send official transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions, so that they are received by the audition date (June 25).
- Applicants to the Artist Diploma in Jazz Studies must submit undergraduate and graduate transcripts (in general, applicants to the Artist Diploma have both Bachelor's and Master's degrees).
- Applicants to the Master of Music must submit undergraduate (college) transcripts.
- Applicants to the Bachelor of Music must submit high school transcripts (in addition to high school transcripts, transfer applicants must also submit the appropriate college transcripts).
All auditions will be held at The Juilliard School on Tuesday, June 25, 2013. After submission of the online application, applicants will be e-mailed a specific audition time. There is a callback process for all auditions; applicants should plan to be available until at least 7:00 PM on June 25.
Applicants must prepare the audition repertoire for the appropriate degree level. Please note that there is no pre-screening for these special auditions; all applicants will be scheduled for a live audition on June 25.
The Artist Diploma in Jazz Studies is a full scholarship program. Eligible applicants (U.S. citizens or permanent residents) may apply for Federal loan programs to assist with living expenses.
Scholarship is available for the Drumset and Trombone openings (Bachelor of Music or Master of Music programs only). Applicants should visit our Financial Aid page for information on how to apply for financial aid (including scholarship). Please submit all required materials for the Financial Aid Application no later than June 25. Questions about the Financial Aid application should be directed to email@example.com.