The Juilliard School hosts many on and off-campus events throughout the spring and fall to interact with prospective applicants as they research their college endeavors. Below is a map of where we will be traveling as well as events that will be taking place on campus - including tours of the building and class observation information. Many of our events are limited in capacity and often require an invitation and reservation. In order to receive special invitations to our events, be sure to introduce yourself to us.
Every Fall, Admissions staff members travel to a select number of college fairs, presentations, and events around the country in order to meet with and answer questions from prospective students. If we're in your area, we welcome you to attend and discover all that Juilliard has to offer.
Applying to Music Schools
A joint presentation with Eastman School of Music and Ithaca College. Learn the basics of what it takes to apply to any conservatory before hearing about the specifics of applying to Juilliard
- Monday, September 21 - Minneapolis | St. Paul, Minnesota
- Tuesday, September 22 - Denver, Colorado
- Sunday, September 27 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fairs
A Juilliard staff member will be available to offer materials and answer questions in the following cities:
- Monday, October 5 - Atlanta, Georgia
- Sunday, October 11 - Interlochen, Michigan
- Sunday, October 18 - Washington, DC
- Saturday, October 24 - Los Angeles, California
- Tuesday, October 27 - New York, New York
Juilliard will be represented at the following college fairs. Further information, including how to register, can be found by clicking the link associated with each fair.
- Saturday, September 19 - New England Conservatory College Fair - Boston, Massachusetts
- Sunday, October 4 - Hudson Valley Performing Arts College Fair - Sugar Loaf, NY
- Thursday, October 8 - Northshore College Fair - Chicago, Illinois
- Monday, October 12 - Oberlin College Fair - Oberlin, Ohio
- Monday, October 12 - Cleveland College Fair - Cleveland, Ohio
- Saturday, October 17 - Baltimore School of the Arts - Baltimore, Maryland
- Sunday, October 18 - Dancing Through College and Beyond - New York, NY
- Thursday, October 22 - New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Friday, October 23 - LACHSA College Fair - Los Angeles, California
- Thursday, October 29 - Upstate College Fair - Rochester, New York
A special Juilliard only event, Admissions representatives for Dance, Drama, and Music will host a Q&A for prospective students and their parents following an overview presentation about the school. The program is free and open to the public for all those who wish to attend. Reservations are encouraged. This Fall, Juilliard will be traveling to two locations: Santa Fe and Miami:
- Juilliard In Miami
Tuesday, October 6 - this special event will take place between 6:00PM and 8:00PM at the MDC Wolfson Campus Auditorium at the New World School of the Arts. Detailed information can be found on the reservations page.
REGISTER FOR JUILLIARD IN MIAMI
Juilliard In Santa Fe
Tuesday, October 27 - this special event will take place between 6:00PM and 8:00PM at the New Mexico School for the Arts. Detailed information can be found on the reservations page.
REGISTER FOR JUILLIARD IN SANTA FE.
General tours of The Juilliard School are available free of charge to prospective applicants (students applying within the next 2-3 years) and up to two guests. Tours are offered every weekday, Monday through Friday at 11:45 am and last approximately one hour.
Currently enrolled Juilliard students lead tours of classrooms, practice rooms, and performance spaces, as available, and are happy to answer your questions. They also share their personal experiences as Juilliard students, which can be especially informative to prospective applicants and their families.
Due to limited space availability, parties are limited to three people each (two guests per prospective applicant). Reservations are required in advance. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate "walk-in" parties.
- General Tours — the tour will cover all three divisions (Dance, Drama, and Music)
If you are running late for a tour, or if you wish to cancel your reservation, please contact our office at 212-799-5000 ext. 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you arrive more than 5 minutes after your scheduled tour time, your spot cannot be guaranteed.
Can't make it to New York? Visit our new virtual viewbook, Discover Juilliard, and view a video tour of our campus.
Tours of The Juilliard School will not be offered on the following days:
- August 17, 2015 – September 18, 2015 (Orientation and 1st week of classes)
- November 23, 2015 November 27, 2015 (Thanksgiving recess)
- December 14, 2015 – January 15, 2016 (Winter recess)
- February 29, 2016 – March 11, 2016 (Midterm recess)
Tours will conclude for the school year on May 6, 2016 and will begin again during the summer months (please check back during the Spring for updated Summer tour times/dates).
DIVISION SPECIFIC TOURS & INFORMATION SESSIONS
The Office of Admissions also offers prospective Dance, Drama and Music applicants (students applying within the next 2-3 years) the opportunity to take division-specific tours during the Fall sesmester only. These tours provide visitors with a concentrated experience and will allow guests to hear directly from studens and administrators with first-hand knowledge of the training offered. Please note that start times and dates for these tours vary. The tour will visit the same spaces as the General Tour so we ask that you please do not register for both a General Tour and a division-specific tour.
- Dance Tours & Information Session – Tours led by a representative from the Dance Division
- Drama Tours & Information Session – Tours led by a representative from the Drama Division
- Music (orchestral and keyboard instruments, composition) Tours & Information Session - Tours led by a representative from the Music Division (Jazz and Voice students see specific tours, below)
- Jazz Tours & Information Session - Tours led by a representative from the Jazz Department
- Vocal Arts Tours & Information Session - Tours led by a representative from the Vocal Arts Department
DRAMA DIVISION SPOTLIGHTS
The Juilliard Drama Division will offer four spotlights during the fall semester. Each of these spotlights will include a tour, an information session, and tickets to that day's performance.
The spotlights will take place on October 17 & 18 and on November 7 & 8.
Prospective students who plan to apply to a college program in the next 1-2 years can arrange to observe academic and performance classes on a case-by-case basis by filling out the appropriate form listed below. The request to observe a class must be made at least two weeks in advance of the desired visit date and will need to be confirmed by Juilliard admissions staff prior to arrival. Due to limited space in classrooms, requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups cannot be accommodated for class observations.
The Juilliard Drama Division has created a safe environment in which students can learn, practice, and take artistic risks. The intimate nature of the training and class size make it extremely difficult to observe these classes. For these reasons, observations of Drama Division classes cannot be arranged.
Group tours are available on a very limited basis during the school year. Requests should be submitted no less than three weeks and no more than two months in advance of the desired visit.
Because group tours are offered free of charge and are intended solely for prospective students, requests must be submitted by a teacher or group leader. We do not arrange tours for travel agents or tour companies.
The Office of Admissions may be able to arrange a private group tour as follows:
- Monday through Friday.
- One hour long; between 10am and 3pm, EST.
- The group must be between 10 and 30 persons, including students and chaperones. As we have only one tour guide available, we are not able to divide larger groups.
- The majority of tour participants are seeking a post-secondary education in the performing arts (i.e. Dance, Drama, Classical Music, Jazz Studies).
- Tour participants are applying to college within the next 3 years.
Tours of The Juilliard School will not be offered on the following days: