The Juilliard School believes that sponsored off-campus activities are an essential part of the Performing Arts curriculum. International travel can enrich a student’s college experience by providing opportunities for experiential learning, acquaintance with the historical and cultural significance of the world around them, and creating meaningful linkage between a student’s studies and the profession.
The School seeks to provide safe international travel with appropriate and relevant experiences for students. International travel activities can involve significant risk, both to students participating in them and also to the School based upon the manner in which students conduct themselves during the experience.
This policy applies to international travel of students to attend activities or events that are organized and/or sponsored by The Juilliard School at locations that extends beyond College property, regardless of distance, outside the United States. The policy does not apply to international travel undertaken by students to attend international performances, auditions, events as a spectator, or to engage in student-teaching, internships, or practicums.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Provide guidelines and outline expectations for student international travel experiences and the conditions under which such travel is conducted.
- Promote safe and meaningful student international travel experiences with relevant learning outcomes.
- Ensure that the School is informed of the itinerary of students participating in organized international travel experiences.
- Ensure that proper immigration and travel documentation is obtained for all participants within a timely manner prior to the trips departure.
While the information in this policy covers many different areas, the guidelines are not comprehensive and do not cover all circumstances; the guidelines are intended to prompt trip sponsors to be prepared to maintain the health and safety of our students and prepared to assess and mitigate the potential risks they may encounter.
The following fillable 2 forms should be filled out by the student and faculty/staff participants and submitted to the trip leader.
- To use the form, click it to open and type the information fully and
- To save the form, select "save as" and title it as follows: tripdate_tripname (i.e. 6march2014_NOLAServiceProject).
Email the completed and saved form to the trip leader. The trip leader will collect all the waiver forms and provide a complete folder of all participates to the Dean of Student Affairs.