Juilliard offers a wide array of resources for our students. Our staff and faculty are available to assist and guide our students when they have questions, are feeling challenged, or have general concerns. We advise parents and families to familiarize themselves with these services to better support their student at Juilliard. Please encourage your student to seek out and utilize our services and resources. Comprehensive and detailed information about the departments listed here can be found in other locations on the Juilliard website and in the attached Parent and Fanily Handbook. All Juilliard students receive comprehensive information about school services, resources, and policies through the Juilliard Student Handbook. Parents are welcome to call the Office of Student Affairs and our staff will provide assistance and guidance regarding any student related matter or direct parents to the proper office or department.
Parent & Family Handbook
Important Juilliard Phone Numbers
Urgent questions or concerns regarding your student may be directed to the following services and offices.
Assessment & Care Team: (212) 799-5000, ext. 7300
Counseling Services: (212) 769-3918
Health Services: (212) 799-5000, ext. 282
Dean of Student Affairs: (212) 799-5000, ext. 7447
Residence Life: (212) 769-7400
Student Affairs: (212) 799-5000, ext. 200
Juilliard Security Desk: (212) 799-5000, ext. 246
Residence Hall Security Desk: (212) 769-7442
In urgent matters related to the topics below, you are likely to hear from the following staff members:
Medical or Psychological
- Dr. Jennifer Awe, Dean of Student Affairs
- Sabrina Tanbara, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
- Dr. William Buse, Director of Counseling Services
- Beth Techow, Administrator for Health & Counseling Services
- Ara Guzelimian, Provost and Dean
- Adam Meyer, Associate Dean and Director, Music Division
- José Garcia-León, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Dr. Jennifer Awe, Dean of Student Affairs
Sabrina Tanbara, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Todd Porter, Director of Residence Life
- Students needing extra academic support and who would like to be connected with a tutor, please get in touch with the Office of Academic Affairs, Writing and Communication Center or the Registrar’s Office.
- For problems concerning a possible disability or support for a disability, permanent or temporary, please see the Parent Handbook section on the Academic Support Services.
- Music students who are thinking about changing their studio assignment should schedule an appointment with the Dean’s Office.
- Students needing assistance with their writing, reading, or speaking skills please consult the Writing and Communication Center.
- Questions regarding jury or recital postponements should be directed to the Dean’s Office.
- Students who would like to request a leave of absence or are considering withdrawing from the school should go to the Dean’s Office.
- Questions regarding grade reports, transcripts, the academic calendar, or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) may be directed to the Registrar’s Office.
Career Planning and Advisement, Outside Employment
Students who wish to seek help with resume preparation or interview skills, or who are interested in performance job opportunities while enrolled as a student, should visit the Alan D. Marks Center for Entrepreneurship and Career Services. This office provides a multitude of services to help students prepare them for a life in the arts.
Outreach and Teaching Opportunities
Students who are interested in gaining teaching skills and providing service through arts outreach should visit the Office of Educational Outreach to learn about the variety of teaching and performance fellowships both on and off campus.
Concerns or questions regarding financial assistance, scholarships, loans, or on-campus work-study employment are handled by the Office of Financial Aid. Any student who has a change in financial circumstances during the academic year should contact the Office of Financial Aid to speak with a staff member.
Health Care and Counseling
The Health and Counseling Services are located on the 22nd floor of the Meredith Willson Residence Hall. Medical concerns, questions about health insurance, nutrition advisement, physical therapy, emergency protocols, or counseling services can be directed to the Health Services. Parents who have concerns about their students may also call the Assessment and Care Team (ACT).
International Travel and Visas
The Office of International Advisement handles all visa and immigration concerns for international students. Any student who has questions regarding international travel may visit this office for guidance.
The Lila Acheson Wallace Library is a vast resource for students’ performance and academic needs. Students may check out scores, CDs, DVDs, and books related the performing arts, as well as general academic subjects.
Tuition and Billing
Parents may contact the Student Accounts Office regarding matters related to tuition payment, refunds, and student accounts. email@example.com or (212) 799-5000, x231
Questions regarding room changes, housing assignments, residence hall maintenance, roommate conflicts, residence hall amenities, cafeteria, and the school meal plan may be directed to the Office of Residence Life.
Questions regarding off-campus housing and resources may be directed to the Office of Student Affairs.
Student Life, Activities, Orientation, and General Advisement
Information regarding New Student Orientation, student organizations, campus activities, Student Council, Commencement, or any general questions regarding school or personal concerns may be directed to the Office of Student Affairs. Students with questions or concerns about New York City or safety, or who are looking for discounted opportunities, performances or events outside of Juilliard, should visit Student Affairs.