Juilliard Jazz educates, encourages, and empowers students to succeed in today’s complex and diverse world of music. Juilliard Jazz Studies is designed to provide the best possible education within the School, as well as ample performance opportunities at major venues in New York City such as Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola and the Blue Note — and nationally and internationally through our touring programs. Recent tour destinations have included Brazil, Italy, The Netherlands, and across the United States. Through our distinguished faculty, guest artist program, and touring program, Juilliard Jazz prepares students to become the next generation of jazz musicians and educators.
Membership in the Jazz Notables directly supports the students of Juilliard Jazz. Members are also invited to a series of exclusive, behind-the-scenes events, including season opening celebrations, performance previews, lectures, discussions, and master classes. Membership privileges also include personalized ticket service by telephone or e-mail to Juilliard’s ticketed performances.
As a member, you will help aspiring young musicians receive the training they need to become tomorrow’s jazz legends. Your tax-deductible contribution, which many corporations will match, will help The Juilliard School remain at the forefront of performing arts education.
BECOME A MEMBER!
Click on a level to learn more about the benefits of membership.
($460 is tax-deductible)
• Invitations for two to attend exclusive behind-the-scenes events featuring Juilliard Jazz students, alumni, faculty, and other celebrated leaders in the world of jazz.
• Advance service by telephone, e-mail, or mail for two complimentary tickets to all Juilliard Jazz ticketed performances via the Juilliard Patrons’ Desk.
• Reduced membership price and special pre-sale access for additional tickets to charged performances via the Juilliard Box Office and the Alice Tully Hall Box Office.
• Special recognition in Juilliard performance programs and donor listings throughout the year.
• 10% discount at the Juilliard Store.
• A subscription to the fall and spring Members’ Calendar, the monthly members’ eNEWS, and The Juilliard Journal, published eight times per year.
($560 is tax-deductible)
All Apprentice privileges plus:
• Advance service by telephone, e-mail, or mail for two complimentary tickets to all Juilliard ticketed performances via the Juilliard Patrons’ Desk.
• Access to additional tickets for charged performances at a reduced membership price via the Juilliard Patrons’ Desk.
• Complimentary CD produced by Juilliard Jazz.
($2,060 is tax-deductible)
All Sideman privileges plus:
• Invitations for two to master classes not open to the general public.
• 25% discount on classes offered by Juilliard’s Evening Division.
($4,510 is tax-deductible)
All Co-Leader privileges plus:
• Complimentary tickets to all Juilliard ticketed performances, excluding Juilliard/Met Opera collaborations and other select events (two ticket per performance limit waived).
• Invitations for two to exclusive fall and spring showcase performances.
• Opportunity for two to observe a Jazz dress rehearsal or class of your choosing (subject to faculty approval).
• Opportunity for two to attend a lunch in the President’s Office overlooking Lincoln Center.
$2,500 of which will be directed to The Juilliard Scholarship Fund
($6,980 is tax-deductible)
All Bandleader privileges plus:
• Opportunity for two to observe a Juilliard Jazz recording session (subject to faculty approval).
• Invitation for two to Juilliard’s Commencement ceremonies and luncheon honoring distinguished recipients of honorary doctorate degrees.
• Opportunity to name a seat in the Peter Jay Sharp Theater.
• Assistance with personalized booking services to arrange for a private performance by a Juilliard Jazz student, duo, or trio at a location of your choosing (administrative service fee waived).
• Opportunity to name an annual Jazz scholarship in the College Division.
• Invitation to the annual Scholarship Donor’s Luncheon.
• Access to scholarship donor recipient reports.