The 2016 Summer Percussion Seminar takes place Sunday, July 10, through Saturday, July 23, 2016.
The long-running Summer Percussion Seminar is designed specifically for advanced high-school percussionists, who must have reached age 15 and have not graduated from high school prior to July 10, 2016.
During two intensive weeks in the exciting cultural environment of New York's Lincoln Center, students pursue hands-on study of all the major percussion instruments: two- and four-mallet keyboard, snare drum, timpani, and orchestral accessories. In addition, students are introduced to world hand drums, percussion chamber music, and both multi- and solo-percussion repertoire. Seminar participants will experience a challenging range of master classes, clinics, lectures, rehearsals, and performances—all of this activity focused on preparing them for success in conservatory and college auditions.
All materials must be submitted online before the deadline:
- Complete online application
- $50 application fee (submitted online by credit card, or check by mail)
- Letter of recommendation from primary music instructor (optional)
- Audition video recording (submitted via Acceptd)
Any extenuating circumstances regarding the application deadline (due to injury or technical problems) should be brought to the attention of Admissions
Applicants should submit the following (in video format) for their audition submission:
- One snare drum solo or etude of your choice
- One two-mallet solo or etude of your choice
- One timpani solo or etude of your choice
- One four-mallet solo or etude of your choice
The deadline for the Summer 2016 Summer Percussion Seminar has been extended to Monday, February 8, 2016.
Tuition and fees, including room and board, for the 2016 Seminar will be $1,980.
All applicants will receive notification of their admissions status via email during the month of March.
Upon review of video auditions, the faculty will select 16 percussionists for acceptance. A short waiting list will be established at that time.
Past Faculty has included:
- Joseph Gramley, director, Summer Percussion Seminar
- Daniel Druckman, chair, Juilliard percussion department
- Haruka Fujii
- Maya Gunji
- Brandon Ilaw
- Jeffrey Irving
- Rob Knopper
- George Nickson
- Joseph Pereira
- Markus Rhoten
- Pablo Rieppi
- Yousif Sheronick
- Mike Truesdell
- Glen Velez
- Gregory Zuber