Dear Members of the Juilliard Community,
I am pleased to provide you with Juilliard’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR is attached and can also be found (by end of day) on The Jeane Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act page of the Juilliard website.
Under the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), institutions of higher education are required to disclose statistics for certain crimes that occur on campus and on public property within and immediately adjacent to school buildings and property—including crimes that were reported to the Department of Public Safety, as well as crimes reported to local and state law enforcement agencies. In accordance with the Clery Act, the ASR contains crime statistics and residence hall fire data for the last three calendar years, in addition to important information about crime prevention programs, fire safety procedures and other resources critical to the safety and security of our community.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA), Juilliard is also required: a) to implement policies and programs to prevent the abuse or misuse of alcohol and drugs, and b) to distribute annually the following information:
- Standards of conduct that prohibit the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees;
- A description of the legal sanctions for the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol;
- A description of the health risks associated with alcohol and drug abuse;
- A description of drug or alcohol counseling, treatment, or rehabilitation or re-entry programs that are available to students and employees; and
- A statement that Juilliard will impose sanctions on students and employees, including a description of those sanctions.
Juilliard’s Alcohol and Drug Policy in accordance with DFSCA regulations is attached as Appendix 9 to the ASR. This policy can also be found on the Policies and Consumer Information page of the Juilliard website.
If you have any questions about the information contained in the ASR, please feel free to email [email protected] or call (212) 799-5000, ext. 531.
Printed copies can be provided by the Department of Public Safety upon request.
Best wishes for a safe and successful academic year.