The Constitution of the United States gives citizens the right to vote. September 17th is Constitution Day. Learn more about the Constitution and Constitution Day. If you have questions about voter registration, stop into the Office of Student Affairs at any time.
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.