What Are Foundations Programs?
Foundations programs give Juilliard students learning experiences that complement their academic curriculum and professional experiences. By engaging students in educational conversations, activities, and workshops, students are able to expand their mind and knowledge base as well as develop important skills that they, as performing artists and global citizens, can use throughout their careers and personal lives.
Foundations programs cover a wide variety of topics within the following four broader domains:
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (blue) programs will encompass elements of social justice, current events, and global citizenship to create a sense of support and belonging in our community.
- Life Essentials (pink) programs will prepare students for the "real world" with programs ranging from professional development to personal safety.
- Community Standards and Civic Engagement (yellow) programs will focus on fostering a safe, aware, and engaged Juilliard community.
- Health and Wellness (green) programs will help students develop healthy habits, both physically and emotionally.
Students can look for these icons and colors next to events in our biweekly E-Blasts and on other marketing materials around campus to see what Foundations domain they fall under.
What are the benefits of attending Foundations programs?
- Learn About New Topics: Foundations programs are hosted by a variety of different students, staff, and faculty on campus, and cover a host of different topics. Ranging from Krav Maga techniques to networking tips, you'll always be able to find a Foundations event that will teach you something you're interested in.
- Priority Housing Selection: Students who attend at least one program from each of the four domains are given preferential placement in the housing selection process for the following academic year.
- Prize Drawings: All students, regardless if they plan to live on-campus the following year, will be entered into a monthly drawing. Students will be selected at random to win various prizes. Possible prizes include gift cards to the dining hall, MetroCards, and Juilliard swag! Students who do not win a prize will be added to the next month’s drawing. The more events you attend, the better your chances are at winning a prize the next month!
How do I meet the requirements for priority housing selection?
- Attend at least one program from each of the four domains (for a minimum of four programs) at some point during the academic year.
- Stay for the full duration of each program (typically 45 minutes to an hour in length)
Juilliard Campus Life App
The Juilliard Campus Life app keeps you connected to student events, activities, resources, and services, whether you are on- or off-campus. You’ll have the Student Events Calendar, Performance Calendar, and Academic Calendar, as well other information about the school right at your fingertips!
To download the Juilliard Campus Life app, visit your app store, search for Juilliard Campus Life, and install the app on your device. You may be asked to create a Guidebook account, but you can bypass this step or do it at a later time. Once you have the app downloaded, enter the passphrase that was emailed to all Juilliard College Division students to access the Juilliard Campus Life guide. If you need a reminder, you can email the Office of Student Affairs to ask for the passphrase.
The Office of Student Affairs oversees numerous opportunities for students to meet, socialize, learn, and lead. Find out how to volunteer, apply for a leadership position, or join or create an organization.