Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Academic Year 2020-21
The Juilliard School Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2020-21 academic year starting in Fall is through AETNA Student Health.
The Juilliard School offers an excellent Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that provides benefits for off-campus medical services and prescription drugs.
- Coverage for sickness and injury.
- Coverage for preventative services as mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Unlimited annual or lifetime maximum for covered benefits.
- Prescription drug benefit at participating and non-participating pharmacies.
Students should refer to the insurance flyer and brochure for details regarding what is and is not covered and what percentages of expenses are covered. Most conditions require students to pay a portion of expenses.
The Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan is in compliance with New York insurance regulations and meets or exceeds the minimum insurance standards for student health insurance plans as established by the Affordable Care Act.
General questions about health insurance and prescription drug coverage may be directed to the Administrative Director of Health and Counseling Services at (212) 799-5000 ext. 282 or email Beth Techow.
AETNA Student Health has an informative website and may be reached by phone at 800-868-8577.
- All full-time students are automatically enrolled in the Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). All students are strongly encouraged to remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Enrollment is mandatory for all international students, and coverage may not be waived under any circumstances.
- US students may waive enrollment in the SHIP if they have US-based insurance which meets the waiver criteria, including coverage for medical services in New York City. Students must provide documentation and complete a waiver form available on WebAdvisor and below.
- IMPORTANT: Health Insurance and Referrals to Outside Practitioners
REFERRALS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SEE OUTSIDE MEDICAL PROVIDERS FROM MARCH 1, 2020 -AUGUST 14, 2021.
Students should make an appointment with Health Services first for all non-emergency conditions. When appropriate, Health Services will assist you with recommendations to specialists that are in-network with AETNA, please schedule an appointment for this.
Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Academic Year 2019-20
The Juilliard School Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2019-20 academic year is administered and underwritten by Wellfleet Student (formerly CHP Student Health). The insurance provider network is Cigna.
The insurance company Wellfleet Student (formerly CHP Student Health) has an informative website and may be reached by phone at 877-657-5030.
IMPORTANT: Health Insurance and Referrals to Outside Practitioners
REFERRALS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SEE OUTSIDE MEDICAL PROVIDERS FROM MARCH 1-AUGUST 31, 2020.
2020-21 Student Health Insurance Plan
- Information about AETNA Insurance Plan
- Juilliard Brochure
- AETNA Student Health: print ID card, access benefit information, find a provider, claims information
- Student Health Insurance Waiver Form 2020-2021 [PDF]
- How to submit claims to AETNA for reimbursement list version [PDF] and visual version [PDF]
2019-20 Student Health Insurance Plan
- Juilliard Brochure [PDF]
- Student Health Insurance Flyer 2019-2020 [PDF]
- Student Health Insurance Waiver Form 2019-2020 [PDF]
- How to Submit Claims to Wellfleet Insurance for Reimbursement (Students) [PDF]
- Wellfleet Insurance Gym-Exercise Facility Reimbursement [PDF]
- Wellfleet online: print ID card, access benefit information, find a provider, claims information
- 2019 Tax Information 1095B
- Student Insurance Coverage Overseas Expansion
- How to Use Your Juilliard Insurance Over Summer Break 2020 [PDF]