The mission of the Music Advancement Program is to provide a bridge to higher levels of artistic and personal development for intermediate and advanced level music students from backgrounds underrepresented in American performing arts so they may pursue their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens.
To achieve this mission, the Music Advancement program will:
- Offer a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum, including private lessons, music theory and ear training, ensemble playing, and performance skills.
- Uphold its commitment to serving families with varying financial resources by maintaining low tuition rates and providing significant financial assistance.
- Engage a faculty of dedicated artists and educators to instruct, mentor, and help students articulate and strive towards their unique goals.
- Prepare students for auditions to advanced preparatory programs, specialized high schools, and summer music programs.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage with the greater Juilliard community, including the Juilliard Pre-College and College Divisions.
- Foster an environment among MAP families, students, faculty, and staff that is encouraging, inclusive, and supportive of all.