Comparing F-1 and J-1 Student Visas


Student Visas

Juilliard is authorized to issue F-1 and J-1 student visas. F-1 students receive an I-20 and J-1 students receive a DS-2019.  Most students choose to attend on an F-1 visa which is generally less restrictive. The J-1 visa may incur a 12-month bar, 24-month bar on re-entry, or the 212(e)Below is a chart comparing the two visa types. International students on F-1 or J-1 status must receive a travel endorsement from the O.I.A. before they leave the U.S. Travel endorsements are valid for a period of 12 months. 

Back to International Advisement Home Page

The menu selected by the page