About the Program
The Juilliard School’s long-running Summer Percussion Seminar is a two-week percussion intensive designed specifically for advanced high school percussionists who have reached age 15 and not yet graduated from high school.
Set in the exciting cultural environment of New York’s Lincoln Center, the Seminar offers students hands-on instruction in orchestral, contemporary, and world music styles. Participants experience a challenging range of master classes, clinics, lectures, rehearsals, and performances led by a faculty roster of today’s most prominent percussion teachers and performers. The Seminar exposes students to the diverse skills and careers represented by Juilliard’s faculty and graduates and prepares them for success in college auditions and beyond.
• Watch/participate in 15+ masterclasses and clinics by acclaimed
faculty members and guests.
• Perform with the JSPS Percussion Ensemble, including the premiere of a new work.
• Participate in “Percussion Intensives,” mini courses that go in-depth on specific topics.
• Take a Juilliard Ear Training course.
• Take a Juilliard Alexander Technique course.
• Attend full recitals by renowned faculty artists.
• Attend Lincoln Center concerts.
• Learn a TON about music and percussion.
• Have fun and make lifelong friends!
Program Dates & Fees
The 2018 Summer Percussion Seminar takes place Sunday, July 8, through Saturday, July 21. The fee for tuition, room, and board is $2,160.