For instructions to access AIG online and print insurance cards, please scroll down.
Important Note: All full-time students have access to free appointments at Juilliard Health and Counseling Services, whether or not they have health insurance through Juilliard. For more information about Health and Counseling Services please click here.
Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
The Juilliard School offers an excellent Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that provides benefits for off-campus medical services and prescription drugs.
- Coverage for sickness and injury.
- Coverage for preventative services as mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Unlimited annual or lifetime maximum for covered benefits.
- The SHIP does not cover routine vision or dental care.
Students should refer to the insurance brochure (available here in July) for details regarding what is and is not covered and what percentages of expenses are covered. Most conditions require students to pay a portion of expenses.
The Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan is in compliance with New York insurance regulations and meets or exceeds the minimum insurance standards for student health insurance plans as established by the Affordable Care Act.
General questions about health insurance and prescription drug coverage may be directed to the Administrator of Health and Counseling Services at (212) 799-5000 ext. 282 or email Beth Techow.
- All full-time students are automatically enrolled in the Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). All students are strongly encouraged to remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Enrollment is mandatory for all international students, and coverage may not be waived under any circumstances.
- US students may waive enrollment in the SHIP if they have US-based insurance which meets the waiver criteria, including coverage for medical services in New York City. Students must provide documentation and complete a waiver form available on WebAdvisor.
IMPORTANT: Health Insurance and Referrals to Outside Practitioners
Students should make an appointment with Health Services first for all non-emergency conditions. The Student Health Insurance Plan requires a referral every year from Health Services before going to an outside provider. The only exceptions to this rule are for emergency medical services, when the student is not in the greater New York City area, or when Health and Counseling Services are closed.
Health Services is happy to assist you with questions. Please call (212) 799-5000, ext. 282, or email Beth Techow, Administrator.
Important Information for Returning Students
Please read the letter below regarding changes in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
As our insurance company will change as of September 1, 2015, you will need a new insurance card and new referrals from Health Services for outside providers. See below for instructions for online access to AIG and to print your insurance card.
2015-16 Student Health Insurance Plan
2014-15 Student Health Insurance Plan
Refer to the Student Health Insurance Web Site for information, brochure, claim forms, etc.
(Please note: New claim forms are required for the start of the new academic year each September. Also, referrals from the Juilliard Health Service are required except in cases of medical emergency; if the student is not in the New York City area; or if Health Service is closed.)