Juilliard Audition Dates for Fall 2022 Entry
The application for Fall 2022 entry is now closed. If you are interested in applying in the future, the individual webpages under Application Requirements contain details about Juilliard's application and audition policies and procedures.
To receive the latest admission and audition information via email, please fill out this form.
Current Visitor Policy for Applicants (as of February 15, 2022)
The Juilliard School continues to pay close attention to COVID-19 pandemic developments, and to the progression of the omicron variant. We have taken a layered approach to COVID safety protocols in an effort to limit the spread of the virus.
All visitors to Juilliard are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; this includes any applicant visiting campus for an audition, pre-audition rehearsal, or trial lesson. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization or the Food and Drug Administration. In addition to being fully vaccinated, visitors are required to answer a series of health screening questions on arrival and prior to full building entry. Only applicants will be allowed in the Diamond Building on audition days; parents, friends, and other family members will not be permitted in the Diamond Building.
The Juilliard School strongly encourages all visitors to follow CDC guidelines for receiving a vaccine booster shot. In general, this means those 12 years and older should receive a booster 5 months after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 months after a Johnson & Johnson shot. For complete CDC guidance on booster shots, please follow this link. Note that we are not requiring applicants to have a booster shot for entry, nor do we require COVID-19 test results unless specifically requested by your major.
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination will be accepted via any of the following free mobile apps:
- New York State Excelsior Pass
- New York City COVID Safe App (Apple or Android)
- CLEAR Health Pass (Apple or Android)
If you are unable to access any of the apps listed above, you may present your paper vaccination card, along with a government-issued ID, as proof of vaccination, to designated staff members who have been trained to examine those documents. Due to safety concerns, we are not granting exemptions from this requirement to be fully vaccinated.
Masks and Instrumental PPE
Masks continue to be a critical part of our COVID-19 protocols and are required for all applicants, collaborators, faculty, staff, and student workers in all areas of the Diamond Building, with the following exceptions:
- Singers and wind/brass players may choose to remove masks for their audition. Masks should be worn as the auditioner enters the room and gets settled, and only be removed once the auditioner is ready to begin performing. The mask should be replaced as soon as the auditioner is done performing.
- If rehearsing with a collaborator in the building prior to an audition, singers and winds/brass players may remove masks if the collaborator is comfortable with them doing so. The collaborator should remain masked at all times. The mask should be replaced as soon as the auditioner is done performing.
- Bell covers are not required for winds/brass players.
- Masks may be removed when you are working alone in a studio/classroom/practice room with the door closed.
Please note some additional important information regarding masks:
- Any auditioner may choose to wear a mask or bell cover voluntarily, including in their audition. Nobody in any setting should be asked to remove a mask or be penalized in any way for wearing a mask.
- Following the required isolation period due to a positive test, masking may be required for additional days, even in performance. If you test positive for COVID-19 in the 14-day period prior to your audition, but will be out of isolation, please consult with the Admissions Office for further guidance.
- Anyone identified as a close contact of a positive case will be required to wear a mask for a period of time. If you have been identified as a close contact and have been instructed to mask by a health care professional, you must continue to wear a mask, even for your audition.
- When drinking or eating or drinking anywhere in the building, including in the student lounge or hallways outside studios, you must remain 6 feet away from others and you must replace your mask immediately when finished and between bites/sips.
- We strongly encourage the use of N95, KN95, or KF94 masks. If you do not have such a mask, KN95 masks are available at no charge at the security desk.
If you feel sick, please do not enter any Juilliard facility. We also ask that you refrain from visiting campus if you or anyone in your household has had a fever, flu-like symptoms, or any COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days; if you have tested positive in the last 10 days; or if you have been told by a contact tracer that you have been exposed to COVID-19, until you have been medically cleared.
In non-pandemic times, our audition days included information sessions so that you may learn more about the school and our financial aid and admission processes. Although we are once again able to host in-person auditions, we have shifted our information sessions to a virtual format. We also are scheduling open houses with various majors in order for you to meet the faculty. You will receive emails inviting you to sign up for various events. We want to ensure that you have all the information you need about Juilliard, while keeping building density low and minimizing the risk of spreading the virus.
These policies and guidelines will continue to evolve and are subject to change. The latest information will be posted on this page and emailed to you as we near audition dates.
Dancers applying for entrance in fall 2022 must submit prescreening videos. Dancers who receive favorable prescreening results must participate in a callback audition in order to be considered for admission.
|Audition City||Audition Dates|
|Callback Auditions (In-person & Live via Zoom)||February 27 - March 2|
Summer Dance Intensive
Applicants are required to submit a video audition; no in-person auditions will be held for the summer 2022 program.
Actors applying to enter the Actor Training Program in fall 2022 must register and attend one of the scheduled in-person auditions. If you are required to prescreen, you will not able to register for an in-person audition unless you have received favorable prescreening results.
|Audition City||Audition Dates|
|Zoom||Jan 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 31, Feb 1, 5, 6, 7|
|Final Callback Weekend||March 11-13|
Important note: Audition modalities are changing as of January 24, 2022. The Office of Admissions will notify applicants according to major whether auditions will be held in person, or whether a recorded audition will be required. Please do not make travel plans until you have confirmation of whether an in-person audition is required for your major.
|Graduate Resident String Quartet, Artist Diploma||
New York Auditions at The Juilliard School