About the Program
The Juilliard School’s long-running Summer Percussion Seminar is a two-week percussion intensive designed specifically for advanced high school percussionists who have reached age 15 and not yet graduated from high school.
Set in the exciting cultural environment of New York’s Lincoln Center, the Seminar offers students hands-on instruction in orchestral, contemporary, and world music styles. Participants experience a challenging range of master classes, clinics, lectures, rehearsals, and performances led by a faculty of today’s most prominent percussion teachers and performers. The Seminar exposes students to the many skills, careers, and passions represented by Juilliard’s faculty and graduates and prepares them for success in college auditions and beyond.
- Watch/participate in 15+ masterclasses and clinics given by acclaimed faculty members and guests.
- Perform with the JSPS Percussion Ensemble, including the premiere of a new work.
- Participate in“Percussion Intensives,” mini courses that go in-depth on specific topics.
- Take a Juilliard Ear Training course.
- Take a Juilliard Alexander Technique course
- Attend full recitals by renowned faculty artists.
- Attend Lincoln Center concerts
- Learn a TON about music and percussion.
- Have fun and make lifelong friends!
Program Dates & Fees
Percussionists who have reached age 15 and not yet graduated from high school by the start of the program are eligible to apply.
The 2022 Summer Percussion Seminar takes place Sunday, July 10, through Saturday, July 23.
The fee for tuition and room and board is $2,550.
The deadline for application and audition recording is February 1.