About the Program
The Juilliard School’s long-running Summer Percussion Seminar is a two-week percussion intensive designed specifically for advanced high school percussionists who have reached age 15 and not yet graduated from high school.
The Seminar offers students hands-on instruction in orchestral, contemporary, and world music styles. Participants experience a challenging range of master classes, clinics, lectures, rehearsals, and performances led by a faculty of today’s most prominent percussion teachers and performers. The Seminar exposes students to the many skills, careers, and passions represented by Juilliard’s faculty and graduates and prepares them for success in college auditions and beyond.
To ensure the Seminar will go exactly as planned for all of its participants, domestic and international, we will hold the 2021 Seminar online. The 2020 Seminar operated online and was a wild success despite its participants not being able to meet together in NYC. Next summer we will build on everything that was great about 2020’s program and offer an online JSPS for 2021.
- Watch/participate in masterclasses and clinics given by acclaimed faculty members and guests.
- Perform with the JSPS Percussion Ensemble (yes, even online!)
- Participate in“Percussion Intensives,” mini courses that go in-depth on specific topics.
- Take a Juilliard Ear Training course.
- Attend full recitals by renowned faculty artists.
- Learn a TON about music and percussion.
- Have fun and make lifelong friends!
Since participants will be attending the Seminar from their homes, we understand that many of you will not have accesses to a wide variety of instruments. Don’t fret! We will customize the experience, including repertoire and playing opportunities, to accommodate the instruments you have.
Program Dates & Fees
Percussionists ages 14-19 are eligible to apply.
The 2021 Summer Percussion Seminar takes place Sunday, July 11, through Saturday, July 24.
The fee for tuition is $1,180.
Application and recording deadline extended.