We look forward to finishing the spring semester with a flurry of performances, recording projects, and of course, commencement week activities. As we close out the 2020-21 academic year and New York City continues on its path to reopening, we wanted to share some important reminders and updates that apply for the remainder of the spring semester as well as the summer break.
This message includes important reminders and updates on several topics. Below, you will find information on the following:
- Safety protocols for the remainder of the spring semester
- Safety protocols for the summer and next fall
- Summer building access hours, timeline, and guidelines
- Vaccine Bus at Lincoln Center
Please also remember that the Diamond Building will be closed on Monday, May 31 in observance of Memorial Day.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please email [email protected].
Safety protocols for the remainder of the spring semester
Between now and June 21, when our student vaccination requirement begins, masking and distancing protocols remain essential.
While we know that those who have been vaccinated are eager to return to more normal work, that remains a challenge until our student vaccine requirement begins. That said, we continue to explore with the artistic divisions and departments whether exceptions to masking and distancing requirements can be made for fully vaccinated groups, and if so, in what specific circumstances. If you have any questions, please be in touch with your department.
Safety protocols for the summer and next fall
As previously announced, Juilliard will require all new and returning students to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of the fall semester. Students who wish to access the building this summer will also be required to provide a proof of being fully vaccinated (that it has been 14 or more days after the final dose) prior to entering the building.
Details about student vaccination requirements and exemptions for the summer and 2021-22 academic year can be found in the Health and Safety Update section of the Juilliard website. Students may submit their vaccination card or record to Health Services via the Student COVID Vaccination Form. Students who are exempted from the vaccine may be required to participate in additional testing over the summer. We will confirm this in the coming weeks.
Summer building access hours, timeline, and guidelines
Beginning June 21, continuing students will be able to access the Diamond Building for personal practice if they provide proof of being fully vaccinated. Only students who are approved for summer building access will be permitted to enter the Diamond Building this summer.
Summer Diamond Building access will begin on Monday, June 21. The Diamond Building will operate under normal summer hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm.
During the summer, masking and distancing protocols will be in place throughout public spaces in the building, including the lobby, hallways, and common gathering spaces. However, once in a closed room and working, students may work without a mask or other COVID-related room usage restrictions.
- Maximum room use and room rest requirements will no longer be required as of June 21.
- Students who wish to continue wearing masks and distancing may do so.
- Students who exhibit any COVID-related symptoms should not come to campus. They should get tested and let Health Services know right away so we can provide support and any necessary arrangements.
More information is forthcoming from the music, dance, and drama divisions regarding room reservation processes for students in each of those divisions.
Please note these important dates for summer building access approvals:
- If you have already provided proof of being fully vaccinated and are approved for spring building access, your building access will continue uninterrupted into the summer.
- Saturday, June 19–Sunday, June 27: Juilliard administrative offices are closed for summer break. No building accesses will be processed or approved during that time.
- Tuesday, June 15 at 5pm: Deadline to submit your proof of being fully vaccinated if you would like to access the building during the week of June 21-25 when offices are closed. This will allow our administrative offices enough time to ensure your building access before commencement and the staff holiday. You can submit your proof of being fully vaccinated to Health Services via the Student COVID Vaccination Form.
- Monday, June 28: Health Services and the Office of the Provost will resume processing building access.
- Building access approvals will continue through the summer, Mondays-Thursdays, from June 28 to August 12.
- The library will be open Monday-Thursday, 10am-4pm, June 28-August 12.
- Juilliard’s administrative offices are closed on Fridays during the summer.
Vaccine Bus at Lincoln Center
The NYC Mobile Vaccine Bus will be at Lincoln Center through May 28. This bus will be administering first doses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine and will be available to all New Yorkers 12 years and older. The bus will be returning in 21 days to administer second doses.
- Dates, times, and location:
- Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28 from noon to 8pm on Columbus Ave., north of 62nd St. (the actual address is 625 Jaffe Drive).
- No appointments or pre-registration needed.
- Please be sure to bring your ID. No other documents are required, and vaccination is free.