Juilliard offers several avenues of assistance to its community members who would like to file a grievance in response to a perceived policy violation. Official policy violations can be reported directly to an appropriate designee or by using one of the forms below. It is a violation of Juilliard policy to retaliate against anyone who brings a grievance procedure in good faith. Below the procedures to file a formal grievance:
- General Grievance Form for Students: Use this form to express a general, non-emergency grievance. Also, see: Nondiscrimination and Harassment Policy
- Ethics Point Compliance Hotline: EthicsPoint Compliance Hotline is a confidential channel for employees to report or seek guidance on compliance issues. It is supported by a third-party vendor and staffed by professionals.
- Anti-retaliation: There is no tolerance for retaliation against those who report a compliance concern in good faith.
- Sexual Misconduct Report Form: Use this form report any alleged sexual misconduct violations, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, and retaliation. Also see: Students’ Bill of Rights.
- Security Incident Report Form: Use this form to report security-related incidents such as assaults/physical harassment, burglaries/robberies/thefts, destruction of property, fires, hate crimes, inappropriate/disruptive behavior, missing persons, and prohibited items.
- Incident Reporting Form: Use this form for nonsecurity related incidents such as Juilliard policy violations and health-related issues.
- Disability Grievance Procedure: This explains the process for students who have a disability to file a grievances related to their disability or their accommodations.
- Grade Appeal Process: This explains the process for a student to request a grade appeal.
- Financial Aid Suspension Appeal Process: This link explains the process to appeal their federal financial aid suspension.
- Anonymous Tip Report: Use this form for any nonurgent concerns that you would like to report
If you have a complaint concerning Juilliard’s educational programs and practices that remains unresolved after all grievance procedures have been followed and all avenues of appeal exhausted, the complaint may be reviewed by the New York State Education Department’s Office of College and University Evaluation, with certain exceptions. Please note that the Department will not consider matters concerning a student’s grades or test results. For more information about filing a complaint and the circumstances under which a complaint will be considered, please refer to the department’s website.