**Scroll down for 2017 Tax Information/1095B Forms**
Important Note: All full-time students have access to free appointments at Juilliard Health and Counseling Services, whether or not they have health insurance through Juilliard.
Information about the new 2017-18 Academic Year Student Health Insurance Plan
The Juilliard School has a new Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2017-18 academic year, it is administered by CHP Student Health and underwritten by Atlanta International Insurance Company. The insurance provider network will remain Cigna.
Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Academic Year 2017-18
The Juilliard School offers an excellent Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) that provides benefits for off-campus medical services and prescription drugs.
- Coverage for sickness and injury.
- Coverage for preventative services as mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Unlimited annual or lifetime maximum for covered benefits.
- Prescription drug benefit at participating and non-participating pharmacies.
Students should refer to the insurance brochure (available below) for details regarding what is and is not covered and what percentages of expenses are covered. Most conditions require students to pay a portion of expenses.
The Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan is in compliance with New York insurance regulations and meets or exceeds the minimum insurance standards for student health insurance plans as established by the Affordable Care Act.
General questions about health insurance and prescription drug coverage may be directed to the Administrative Director of Health and Counseling Services at (212) 799-5000 ext. 282 or email Beth Techow. The insurance company CHP Student Health has an informative website and may be reached by phone at 877-657-5030.
- All full-time students are automatically enrolled in the Juilliard Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). All students are strongly encouraged to remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Enrollment is mandatory for all international students, and coverage may not be waived under any circumstances.
- US students may waive enrollment in the SHIP if they have US-based insurance which meets the waiver criteria, including coverage for medical services in New York City. Students must provide documentation and complete a waiver form available on WebAdvisor and below.
IMPORTANT: Health Insurance and Referrals to Outside Practitioners
Students should make an appointment with Health Services first for all non-emergency conditions. Students need a written referral from Health Services before receiving care from an in-network provider. If you obtain a written referral, your cost-sharing may be lower. This means you will pay less money if you get a referral.
Referrals are per condition and a new referral is needed each academic year (Sept. 1-Aug. 31).
The only exceptions to this rule are for emergency medical services, when the student is not in the New York City area, for certain preventative services (see brochure) or when Health and Counseling Services are closed.
Note To Returning Students with Juilliard SHIP
- Your plan coverage begins Sept. 1, 2017.
- You will receive your new insurance card in your Juilliard mail box. If you need your insurance card before returning to school, you can print it from the CHP Student Health website or call Health Services or CHP Student Health for assistance.
- Remember, if you are seeing a medical provider outside of Health Services you need a new referral every Sept. 1. Please call to schedule an appointment with Health Services at 212-799-5000 ext. 282.
Health Services is happy to assist you with questions. Please call (212) 799-5000, ext. 282, or email Beth Techow, Administrative Director.
2017-18 Student Health Insurance Plan
2017 Tax Information/1095B Forms[PDF]
Juilliard Student Health Insurance Brochure 2017-18[PDF]
- Juilliard Student Health Insurance Highlight Sheet 2017-18 [PDF]
Juilliard Student Insurance Waiver Form[PDF]
Insurance I.D. Card Instructions[PDF]
How to Submit Claims to CHP for Reimbursement[PDF]
Exercise Facility Reimbursement 2017-18[PDF]
How To Use Your Insurance During School Breaks[PDF]
2016-17 Student Health Insurance Plan